Top Six Wedding Dress Trends for 2010
The 2010 wedding fashion trends is extremely diverse – your wedding gown's style can be based on just about any era of fashion and still be considered extremely fashionable. So what’s in store for this year? What wedding dress styles are hot, or going to become hot? Some leading wedding gown designers were asked that same question, and the following are what they predicted. 1. Sexy Slinky Silhouettes If you’ve got a fab figure (or fantastic suction underwear!), now is the time to do a victory dance – sexy, figure-hugging wedding dress silhouettes will be hot for the next couple of seasons. Left to right: Maggie Sottero, Justin Alexander, Jesus Peiro
2. Ballgown For those who loved the wildly ridiculous yet fabulous gowns in Gone with the Wind (*blush*), and for many of us who want to disguise our thighs, ballgown style wedding gowns are back. Fabulous! Ballgown wedding dresses have many rather wonderful upsides, including squishing you into the shape you desire, giving you fabulous cleavage, and being impossible to remove on your own . From left to right: Sottero&Midgley, Maureen Myring Kesterton, Ian Stuart
3. Fifties This is one I’m really very excited about – I always have loved the 50’s glamorous style. There’s something about the whole belted waist idea that makes me happy. And the Stephanie Allin gown on the left is probably one of my favorite gowns of any I’ve seen (…and I see a LOT). From left to right: Stephanie Allin, Sarah Danielle, Suzanne Ermann
4. Mermaid Mermaid style wedding gowns are also a fifties influence, and thinking about it, one of my favourite dresses of all time is the dress Audrey Hepburn wore to the races in My Fair Lady – an extremely tight-fitting mermaid style gown (note that jeweled accents are also a big thing in the coming seasons!).
From the left: Benjamin Roberts, Pronovias, Ellis Bridals
5. Tea-length Tea-length wedding dresses are fabulous for a more casual, less traditional wedding, especially if you have a nice pair of pins and some knock-out shoes. Once again, the 50s influence is shining through!
From left to right: Alan Hannah, Charlotte Balbier, Leigh Hetherington,
6. Grecian Goddess Are you in touch with your inner goddess? Grecian style wedding dresses are hot at the moment – high-waisted with floaty materials and an ethereal air. It’s a style that could look stunning.
From left to right: August Jones, Lambert Creations, Manuel Mota
Whatever you choose, enjoy the hunt and happy planning!
*Originally featured in WeddingGownTown.com. Thanks Keren for a lovely compilation!