2011 Trends & Styles
Christmas has come and with it - engagements!
Congratulations for all who became engaged over Christmas. There will be a few more too, between now and Valentines day. For those of you planning a wedding in the not so distant future, lets look forward to 2011.
Here are some things I have noticed, some things I’ve been told and some things I think you will love!!!
* Lots of mermaid style dresses in collections – we’re getting womanly again! I am loving this slim style. Sure you want to be a princess (empress anyone?) on your wedding day but perhaps you have never been a fan of ball gowns. This year is for you! Designers are embracing the gorgeous silhouette and giving you lots of options.
* Wedding dresses with pockets – I really love this one and its a great option to sew into bridesmaids attire as well. My sister got married this summer and I designed my dress and had it created by Sara Marie Designs. Guess what - pockets! I had to have them and boy did they come in handy. There was not a moment that I did not have access to my lip gloss! :) For those of you who do not know me, I'm to the left with hand on sassy hip and a (totally cool & vintage) feather flower on the waist!
* Vintage – it’s still here, you still love it.
* DIY – doing things yourself, like making some of the decoration or even your own make-up, means supreme control over details. But remember, it’s all about balance and specialists are worth it because they can give the support and fresh ideas that have come through years of experience in bridal. Also, delegating really is clever…
* City-style weddings, super sweet when done correctly with short or tea-length dresses and the love of your life. Add a lovely brunch at your favorite restaurant or perhaps a small dinner party. What's not to love?
* Embellishment on dresses in the hottest 2011 collections is still romantic – flowers, frills and orgaaaanza, darling!
* Varied table sizes and shapes at the reception – long tea-party style tables, elegant formal banquet tables, heart shaped tables (I suggest this for food or dessert bars only), square and the more standard round - all great options but consider using a variety. The same goes for chairs – they do not have to be the same! It will be interesting to see how regular venues cope with this one.
* HoneyWeekends - we discovered it and we’re loving it! Honeymoons are changing. The latest figures suggest more and more couples are leaving behind the classic honeymoon and taking a much more dynamic and flexible approach. Instead of two weeks on a desert island, which is a luxury for which many couples just can’t find the time, what about some weekend treats in the months after your wedding? Yes, it’s the arrival of the HoneyWeekend! With a HoneyWeekend, there’s something for everyone – European city breaks, trips to concerts and festivals, short walking holidays or just a couple of luxury breaks in a nice, secluded hotel.
* Navy blue – I’m seeing it all over the place, mothers-of-the-bride, bridesmaids. I love it!
Visit us at A Music City Event or call 615.727.3903
Never miss another update!
Subscribe to MCE Blog to have new tips, advice and Real Nashville Weddings sent directly to you.
And no, we never ever ever share your e-mail with anyone. Period.